Thursday, July 7, 2016

Beauty V.S. Perfection


When did beauty become perfection? When did we stop telling our daughters and sons that beauty comes from inside, and start buying them makeup and telling them to work out? Now our teenagers are plastic and insecure, searching for a fake perfection that isn’t really perfect at all. 

Beauty is not this.

Beauty is not makeup caked on faces and muscular boys with perfect hair. It isn't what you need to get a boyfriend or a girlfriend. Beauty like that is irrelevant to both love and life. 

Society would tell me that the boy I love is imperfect in so many ways, but they would be wrong. He is beautiful and perfect to ME, regardless of his “imperfections”. He doesn’t spend an hour on his hair in the morning, and I love the way it sticks up. He doesn’t have crazy buff arms, and yet his hugs are still the best thing in this world.

I think he's beautiful, just like he thinks I am beautiful. I don’t have flawless skin or perfect eyebrows, but he loves it all any way. I don’t need all that foundation and eyeliner to feel beautiful, because I AM beautiful.

And maybe society would disagree. Call me ugly, and say that they could fix that pimple with some concealer, and pluck my brows. Tell me that they could MAKE me beautiful. But I don’t need them to think I’m beautiful if I already know that I am.


I always was, and I always will be beautiful, regardless of what society says. Because what they say isn't what matters. Beauty is not perfection- it never was, and it never will be. 
Remember that: Perfect is perfect, but beauty is something else. 

Beauty is a newborn child being held in their mother's arms for the first time. 

Beauty is a father dressing up like a princess to have a tea party with his daughter. 

Beauty is the sun on your face and the wind in your hair. 

Beauty is a 70 year old man holding hands with his wife of 50 years, and beauty is the glimmer in the eye of someone as you catch their gaze from across the room. 

Beauty is bubbling laughter, the kind that spills around the room and makes everyone else laugh along. 

Beauty is a little boy handing a dollar to that man on the corner, the homeless veteran who fought for us all in his younger days. 

Beauty is a first love, and beauty is a last breath, surrounded by family. 

Beauty is happiness and light, and the goodness in the world we live in. 

Beauty is not perfection, so stop thinking it is. The most perfect person isn’t the most beautiful on the inside OR the outside. 
Regardless of your race and gender, no matter what anyone tells you: You are BEAUTIFUL. 

Not perfect, but beautiful. And stay that way. 

Music_paige

No comments:

Post a Comment